The Hallow is the only environment through which the Corruption and Crimson cannot spread at all. Consequently, its role is very important in hardmode, where the corruption becomes nearly unstoppable. The Dryad will tell the player the percentage of Hallow and Corruption/Crimson in the world. Neither the Hallow, Corruption nor Crimson can spread through the Underworld, but the wall of flesh causes some of it to be biome related. The Hallow cannot spread through mud biomes like Jungles or Glowing Mushroom biomes as well.
Although activating hardmode requires the player to have good equipment, the Hallow is a challenging biome, especially at night, since it is home to powerful mobs. Do not be fooled by the cute and childish scenery.
注意: View Underground Hallow for the mobs that spawn under the cavern layer.
|Characters||Unique Drops||For Sale|
| :Gastropod Banner(Gastropod Banner) (from Gastropods)
From the terrain:
| From the Painter:
From the Steampunker:
As soon as Wall of Flesh is defeated, a section of Hallow spawns. This strip goes from the Underworld to the surface, converting stone, sand and grass in its path into pearlstone, pearlsand and hallowed grass, respectively. This does include floating islands that happen to be in the path of this stripe. The Hallow's stripe can intersect with the Corruption's chasms as well as Floating Islands.
Hallow spreads in a manner very similar to corruption:
- Hallowed grass can spread to Dirt Blocks or grass in the Surface Layer with at least one side exposed to air.
- Stone Blocks can be converted to Pearlstone Blocks.
- Sand Blocks can be converted to Pearlsand Blocks.
- Ice Blocks can be converted to Pink Ice Blocks.
- Pearlstone and pearlsand can spread through any depth, not just the Surface Layer.
- Blocks that are up to three squares away from an existing hallowed block can be converted, even if unhallowable blocks are in the way.
There are also a few differences in the way that the Hallow spreads:
- The Hallow can spread through its vines (but can not "go up" through regular vines).
- The Hallow does not uproot sunflowers, but can still spread beneath them.
- Pearlstone does not seem to create hallowed grass as fast as ebonstone creates corrupt grass.
- The Hallow cannot convert mud or jungle grass. This means the Hallow can be completely superseded by the Jungle causing no blocks to become Hallow.
Killing Plantera slows the spread of Corruption/Crimson/Hallow to 1/3 speed.
Hallow does not normally exist before the world enters hardmode, but can be created with Hallowed Seeds, Holy Water, or the Blue Solution (for use with the Clentaminator) imported from another world. If it is created, it will only spread the same way as pre-hardmode Corruption: slowly, on the surface, and only through dirt and grass. This means you can safely use other hallowed blocks without creating a biome and converting regular blocks in pre-hardmode worlds. It still prevents the Corruption from spreading. Furthermore, Hallow-specific mobs will not appear, since they were only designed for hardmode.
- 人工建造一个神圣环境需要至少100块方块，如神圣的草,Pearlstone, Pearlsand, or Pink Ice.
- 在Hardmode中, 所有出生在神圣环境的怪物有机会掉落神圣钥匙模.
When the Hallow spreads through desert, it becomes Hallowed Desert. It is very similar to the Hallow: the music theme is the same, the mobs are the same (except for the Light Mummy), and the background is slightly different.
- 1.2.1: Crimson and Hallow now counteract each other.
- 184.108.40.206: Hardmode Crimson, Corruption, and Hallow spread is now slowed after killing Plantera instead of any Mechanical Boss.
- 1.1: Introduced.
|Forests • Desert • Ocean • Jungle • Snow • The Corruption • The Hallow|
Underground • Cavern • Underground Jungle • Underground Corruption • Underground Hallow
Dungeon • Meteorite • Floating Island • The Underworld